The hotel has been fully adapted for accessibility. In line with VisitEngland recommendations, an Access Statement has been produced.
This Access Statement is available to download as a PDF.
Park House is a country house hotel specially adapted for people with disabilities, travelling with or without their carers or companions. Care and assistance is available from an in-house care team. The hotel is able to accommodate and care for a variety of disabilities and requirements. All public areas and 16 main hotel bedrooms are wheelchair accessible.
The hotel is graded ‘Exceptional’ through the National Accessible Scheme.
- Prior to arrival all guests and/or carers will speak with a member of reception and/or nursing staff in order to confirm requirements and general suitability of Park House Hotel.
- You can contact us by phone, fax, email (details below).
- Bookings are processed upon receipt of a completed reservation form (available in large print if required). Bookings are then confirmed in writing specifying details of terms and conditions relating to payments and deposits.
- Good bus and train links serve the King’s Lynn (local town approximately eight miles away) and Sandringham area. Accessibility should be checked with individual services. There is a bus stop 250 yards from the hotel. The hotel is able to arrange collection from main line rail and bus stations and accessible taxis are widely available. The local town of King’s Lynn has a Shopmobility scheme:
- Shopmobility, Baker Lane Car Park, Kings Lynn , Norfolk, PE30 2LB.
- Tel: 01553 770 310.
- Radar key available.
Arrival and car park facilities
- Accessible parking and drop off area available, assistance with luggage or guests also available.
Main entrance and reception
- All public areas are accessible for wheelchairs.
- Seating available in the reception area, front door locked at night.
Public areas — general (internal)
- All corridors, dining areas and lounges are accessible for wheelchairs.
- Hearing loop fitted in main public areas and portable system for use in rooms and other areas.
- Corridors have good contrast and are well lit.
- There is a staircase and an accessible lift to 1st and 2nd floors.
- A call-bell system is in place throughout the hotel, assistance may be sought at any time using this system.
Public areas — toilets
- Wheelchair accessible with side rails, call bell system in place.
Restaurant/dining room and bar
- Table height adjustable and wheelchair accessible, chairs are available with or without arms as required.
- Menus to suit specialist diets catered for, prior notice preferred.
- Large print menus available.
- Individual support is available for guests on a one-to-one basis at mealtimes as required.
- All meals may be cut up for ease of eating, food may also be pureed/thickened if needed.
- Laundry service available through hotel staff, no public machines.
- Operated several days a week by volunteers who are able to assist with choice and prices as required. Entrance level and accessible.
- Not available on site but hotel can book appointments with mobile therapists to visit.
- Leisure area providing large flat screen TV with DVD player, board games, puzzles, talking books, large print books, free broadband-enabled computer facilities.
- Security lighting is in operation at night and on front and back terraces.
- No toilet facilities outside.
- Varied sitting out areas throughout grounds of hotel, all in accessible locations.
- Organised escorted outings and trips to local areas of interest are available including transport.
- Conference and meeting rooms, banqueting, clubs, entertainment.
- Limited facilities, check with hotel for full details.
- All bedrooms accessible (furniture may be moved for specific requirements), some rooms with overhead tracking hoist, other mobile hoists available, all electric raising and lowering beds (twins and singles only), recliner and armchairs available. Flat pile carpet in all rooms.
- Lighting in rooms may be tailored to individual needs individual call bell system, integrated fire panel, guests notified by staff to evacuate if required. Most rooms with digital flat screen, remote control TVs. All rooms accessible including second floor via lift (recently replaced in accordance with disability guidelines regarding contrast/colour/braille symbols etc). Tea and coffee making facilities available in rooms, kettles are corded, mini-fridges by prior arrangement
Bathroom, shower room and toilets (ensuite or shared)
- Main hotel rooms are all ensuite, either wet room or bath with shower over. Portable rails available, equipment to raise toilet seat is available, also commodes, some rooms with bathroom hoist facility but mobile hoist always available.
- Not available
Caravans, holiday homes and twin units
- Not applicable
Touring facilities (holiday parks)
- Not applicable
Boats — narrow boat, cruiser and hotel boat
- Not applicable
Attractions (displays, exhibits, rides, etc.)
- Not applicable
Grounds and gardens
- Paths, extensive gardens and sensory areas wheelchair accessible with level paving, further accessible paths planned and seating area overlooking the cricket pitch has been completed. Several areas throughout gardens have accessible seating areas. Water feature with protective barrier.
- Evacuation procedures explained upon arrival – staff to alert guests individually for hotel evacuation if required, guests remain in rooms/public areas unless informed/assisted otherwise.
- Ongoing staff training relating to infection control, moving and handling, also NVQ training in Care for majority of Care department. Experienced Care Team on hand 24hours a day.
- Assistance dogs accepted grounds available for exercise.
- In accordance with legislation smoking is only permitted outside on back terrace
- Mobile phone signal with most providers is ‘patchy’ in this area
- Staff are available day and night to assist with any aspect of care provision
- Address: Park House Hotel, Sandringham, King’s Lynn, Norfolk PE35 6EH
- Telephone: 01485 543000
- Fax: 01485 540663
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.parkhousehotel.org.uk
- Hours of operation: Office open 8am – 9pm mon-sat, 9am – 4.30pm sun.
- Local accessible taxi numbers: Alan Garrett: 01485 540329/07931 355289, Guyan Transport: 07506 668000
- Further accessible paths within hotel grounds
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve, if you have any comments please phone us on 01485 543000 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.