Throughout the year many different themed weeks take place at the hotel. Please note that the themed weeks are for general participation and are not intended as educational or instructional but are for people who have an interest in the themes stated. A general Activities & Entertainment package is part of every stay at the Hotel, irrespective of whether it is a specific Themed Week.
A full list and breakdown of the weeks is detailed below:
- Painting Week: 11-17 February & 4—10 November. These are two of our longest established and favourite guest weeks when local volunteer artists come in to assist our guests with choosing and painting subjects with varied techniques using watercolours, pencils and acrylic paints. The week ends with our now traditional “Park House Exhibition” where those who wish can share their work with staff, volunteers and other guests.
- Fine Dining Week: 11th-17th March. A new themed week last year. This week is aimed at those who enjoy their food ! Our chefs and catering staff plan to delight your taste buds during your stay with food from “Around the World”. Last year we visited Bijou Wines in Wroxham for a Tapas lunch and wine tasting session and also Whin Hill Cider at Wells-next-the-Sea. Some of the daily afternoon outings will also be available during this themed week.
- Local History Week: 15—21 April. Our location in West Norfolk is a paradise for budding historians. This week offers the opportunity to explore the wondrous history of King’s Lynn and its surrounding area. This will include visits to some of our local attractions and museums.
- Stately Homes Week: 13—19 May. Enjoy the grandeur during another of our most popular weeks visiting some of the regions fabulous country estates. Over the past few years we have visited Oxburgh Hall, with it’s moat surround, Felbrigg Hall, Blickling Hall and, of course, the memorable Sandringham House with it’s fabulous Gardens and fascinating museum.
- Gardening and Bird Watching: 17—23 June. One of our very popular themed weeks. Visits to garden centres and local open gardens, along with trips to Titchwell R.S.P.B. Bird Reserve and Pensthorpe Nature Reserve planned.
- Sandringham Flower Show: 22—28 July. Our Flower Show week is always sold out early. Huge marquees provide the backdrop for wonderful horticultural masterpieces while the main arena offers an exciting programme of exhibitions, demonstrations and displays. With the chance to possibly meet some of the Royal Family on their “walk about”, this is the most famous one day flower show in the U.K. (this year on Wednesday 26th July).
- Trains, Planes & Automobiles: 12—18 August. This venture proves a huge success for all transport enthusiasts. Our visits in the past have included a train ride on the North Norfolk Steam Railway, Thursford Steam Museum, Muckleburgh Military Collection and the Imperial War Museum at Duxford as well as the wonderful museum at Sandringham House.
- Forces Week: 16—22 September. With 2017 marking 30 years since the opening of Park House Hotel and also the centenary of our founder Group Captain Lord Leonard Cheshire V.C., O.M., D.S.O., D.F.C — we have a NEW Themed Week this year to mark both occasions. The Week may take in trips to RAF Marham, Duxford Imperial War Museum, Muckleburgh Collection and other local places of interest. Evening entertainment will also take on the Forces Theme with guest speakers and entertainers. The week ends with a vintage Friday afternoon Tea Dance. A week truly not to be missed.
- Creative Writing & Craft Week: 21—27 October. 2015 saw our Craft Week move to October. This week coincides with the Companions of Park House Christmas Market. Last year we added Creative Writing to the week. Crafts planned will have a special Christmas theme including card making, decoupage and more. The Creative Writing workshops may find some budding poets amongst you all !!
- Christmas Comes Early at Park House. Start to celebrate Christmas early as we enter into the festive spirit. The decorations are up and we can offer you a break with seasonal and festive concerts, not forgetting attractions at local venues. In the weeks leading up to Christmas there will be entertainment with carol singing from local songsters and choirs. Our activities staff and volunteers can make your Christmas shopping trips a lot more fun and you can enjoy Christmas lights, excursions and a lot more besides.
Important information. Please note that the details included in the themed week information is intended as a general indication to the content for a particular week and maybe subject to possible alteration.