Throughout the year many different themed weeks take place at the hotel. Please note that the themed weeks are for general participation and are not intended as educational or instructional but are for people who have an interest in the themes stated. A general Activities & Entertainment package is part of every stay at the Hotel, irrespective of whether it is a specific Themed Week.
A full list and breakdown of the weeks is detailed below:
- Painting Week: 10-16 February and 3—9 November. These are two of our longest established and favourite guest weeks when local volunteer artists come in to assist our guests with choosing and painting subjects with varied techniques using watercolours, pencils and acrylic paints. The week ends with our now traditional “Park House Exhibition” where those who wish can share their work with staff, volunteers and other guests.
- Fine Dining Week: 10-16 March. This week is aimed at those who enjoy their food! Our Chefs and Catering Staff plan to delight your taste buds during your stay with food from “Around the World”. In previous years we have visited Bijou Wines in Wroxham for a Tapas Lunch and Wine Tasting Session also Whin Hill Cider in Wells-next-the-Sea — new venues are being looked into ready for your enjoyment. Some of the daily afternoon outings will also be available during this Themed Week.
- Local History Week: 14—20 April. Our location in West Norfolk is a paradise for budding historians. This week offers the opportunity to explore the wondrous history of King’s Lynn and its surrounding area. This will include visits to some of our local attractions and museums.
- Stately Homes Week: 12—18 May. Enjoy the grandeur during another of our most popular weeks visiting some of the regions fabulous Country Estates. Over the past few years we have visited Oxburgh Hall, with its moat surround, Felbrigg Hall, Blickling Hall and, of course, the memorable Sandringham House with it’s fabulous Gardens and fascinating museum.
- Gardening and Bird Watching Week: 16 —22 June. One of our very popular Themed Weeks. Visits to garden centres and local open gardens, along with trips to Titchwell R.S.P.B. Bird Reserve and Pensthorpe Nature Reserve planned.
- Sandringham Flower Show Week: 21—27 July. Our Flower Show week is always sold out early. Huge marquees provide the backdrop for wonderful horticultural masterpieces while the main arena offers an exciting programme of exhibitions, demonstrations and displays. With the chance to possibly meet some of the Royal Family on their “walk about”, this is the most famous one day flower show in the U.K. (this year on Wednesday 25th July).
- Trains, Planes & Automobiles Week: 11—17 August. This venture proves a huge success for all transport enthusiasts. Our visits in the past have included a train ride on the North Norfolk Steam Railway, Thursford Steam Museum, Muckleburgh Military Collection and the Imperial War Museum at Duxford as well as the wonderful Museum at Sandringham House.
- Wildlife Week: 15 —21 September. Each year we try to add a new Themed Week to the Programme. 2018 sees a first — WILDLIFE WEEK. With Banham Zoo, Pensthorpe, Amazona Zoo, Wroxham Barns, Thrigby Hall Wildlife Gardens, Hunstanton Sea Life Sanctuary – our choice of daily outings are unlimited. Add to this Evening After Dinner Talks/Presentations — maybe from the Seal Sanctuary or other local venues — this could just be the PURRRFECT week for you!!!
- Retail Therapy Week: 20 — 26 October. Another New Themed Week for 2018. This week coincides with the Companions of Park House Christmas Market. Let our Activity Staff and Volunteers take the strain away from Pre-Christmas Shopping with outings to maybe Springfield Shopping Centre, Baytree Shopping & Garden Centre, Norwich, Norfolk Lavender — the list of local shopping attractions goes on !
- The Festive Season Comes Early at Park House: Start to celebrate Christmas early as we enter into the festive spirit. The decorations are up and we can offer you a break with seasonal and festive concerts, not forgetting attractions at local venues. In the weeks leading up to Christmas there will be entertainment with Carol Singing from local Songsters and Choirs. Our Activities Staff and Volunteers can make your Christmas shopping trips a lot more fun and you can enjoy Christmas lights, excursions and a lot more besides.
Important information. Please note that the details included in the themed week information is intended as a general indication to the content for a particular week and maybe subject to possible alteration. The weeks are for general participation and are not intended as educational or instructional, but are for people who have an interest in the Themes stated.